Once again, your Committee has agreed to be the Association sponsoring the National Dance Award for Best Classical Choreography.
The nominations for Best Classical Choreography are:- Patricia Guerrero for Catedral (Flamenco Festival)
- Cathy Marston for Victoria (Northern Ballet)
- Helen Pickett for The Crucible (Scottish Ballet)
- Stina Quagebeur for Nora (English National Ballet)
- Alexei Ratmansky for Shostakovich Trilogy (San Francisco Ballet)
Nominations for other awards, include from the Royal Ballet Companies:- Alexander Campbell, Vadim Muntagirov & Marcelino Sambé for Dancing Times Award for Best Male Dancer
- Francesca Hayward, Laura Morera & Marianela Nuñez for Best Female Dancer
- The Royal Ballet for the Stef Stefanou Award for Outstanding Company
- Joseph Sissens for Emerging Artist Award
- Natalia Osipova for Outstanding Female Modern Performance in the title role in The Mother
- Matthew Ball & Joseph Sissens for Outstanding Male Modern Performance for the Swan/Stranger in Matthew Bourne’s Swan Lake (New Adventures) and Night of 100 Solos (Merce Cunningham Trust/ The Barbican) respectively
- Francesca Hayward & Anna Rose O’Sullivan for Outstanding Female Classical Performance as Juliet in Romeo and Juliet
- Gary Avis, Cesar Corrales, Nehemiah Kish & Marcelino Sambé for Outstanding Male Performance as Kulygin in Winter Dreams, Romeo, the Husband in The Concert, the Blue Boy in Les Patineurs
- Koen Kessels for Outstanding Creative Contribution as Conductor for The Royal Ballet and Birmingham Royal Ballet
We congratulate them and all the other nominees.
The Awards Ceremony will be held in a Central London Venue at 12.00-15.00 on Wednesday 19th February 2020.