Articles of Association
Constitution of the Ballet Association
- The name will be THE BALLET ASSOCIATION
- The aims of The Ballet Association are to give active support to the Royal Ballet Companies and to promote interest in all aspects of their work.
- Membership will be open to all interested persons.
- A member of each of the Royal Ballet companies to be invited to be Honorary Presidents. The Director of the Royal Ballet to be invited to be Patron of the Association. The original Patron and Honorary Presidents to be invited to become Founder Patron and Founder Presidents on their retirement from office. Successor patrons and presidents to be invited to become Vice-Presidents on their retirement from office.
- The annual subscription will be renewable on 1st October and will be determined by the Committee of the Association and ratified at the Annual General Meeting.
- The Annual General Meeting will be held each October to elect Officers and Committee members, to receive the annual Chairman's and Treasurer's Reports, and to transact any necessary business. 21 days notice as a minimum, will be given of the meeting. 14 days notice, as a minimum, will be given of any General meeting at which a special resolution is to be proposed. 14 days notice, as a minimum, will be given of any Extraordinary General Meeting requested in writing by 10 per cent of the total membership.
- The Committee of the Association will normally consist of nine members, elected at the Annual General Meeting. These will include a Treasurer, Membership Secretary and other officers deemed necessary by the Committee to carry out its duties. Should the need arise, the Committee may co-opt additional members.
- The Chairman and Deputy Chairman will be elected by the Committee.
- The committee will meet not less than five times a year and five members will constitute a quorum. In the Chairman's absence the Deputy will take the Chair.
- All proceeds will be used for the objects of Clause 2, with the exception of legitimate expenses. In the event of dissolution, funds remaining after settlement of all outstanding debts, will be donated to charities related to the Royal Ballet Companies.
- Cheques are to be signed by any two authorised Committee signatories.
- Accounts, duly audited, are to be presented to the Annual General Meeting for approval.
- The Association will publish a regular newsletter and have an authorised website, www.balletassociation.co.uk. Reports of meetings will be made available to members and published on the Association website, only after they have been authorised by the speaker(s) at the meeting. Reports may be published on other websites at the discretion of the Committee of the Association.